Saturday, October 8, 2011

I have to cook!

Hi guys. I'm worried. How are you? Now this is sounding like a letter.

Shakespeare's parents hate me. I don't mean they don't like me because I stole their son or anything. They actively try to break us up and make me look like a fool. They dislike everything about me, and constantly comment on how Shakespeare 'could do so much better.' According to them, there are girls lining up at his door for a chance to date him. I wonder why I've never seen them.

I'm gong to be really honest with you. I'm surprised he's still speaking to me after spending a week with his parents (not including that little part after he got home. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here.)

So, anyway, Shakespeare doesn't like his parents and I not talking. So he called his parents and invited them to dinner at my apartment. He only checked with me AFTER he invited them.

Now, I'm okay with meeting them for dinner. But I'm not okay with them coming to my house. They critique everything about me, and I don't want them in my house! One of us is likely to be thrown out the window. Now I'm only speaking to Shakespeare using a series of grunts. I can't be really mad at him, because he's only doing this because he wants me to NOT break his parents necks.

So I have to cook a normal meal for 4 normal people. I've mentioned before that I usually eat pizza, right? I can cook, but salmon is fucking difficult. And they want salmon. Because they're rich. I should give them salmonella. (You get salmonella from salmon, right?)

I plan to update about halfway through the night (they hate me already. They won't care) and when they leave. But I might not. If I don't, I'll send Shakespeare to inform you of which of his parents killed me.

So, I'll talk to you guys later. Probably.

Update: Hi everyone. William here.
Katie asked me to come and do this blog. Which is strange, because I thought she would want to rant about my parents. She is shouting instructions from the kitchen, where I think she's washing up. I'm going to warn you that I have never written a blog post before.

My parents left about 15 minutes ago. The following is a conversation the 4 of us had at the door. (Katie demands that I do this properly. M- mum, D-dad, K- katie and S- me.)

M- Well William, dear, thank you for inviting us to dinner. Even if the food was sub par.
K- What about me?! I cooked the food, and you were in my house!
M- Oh yes. Your apartment was barely big enough for all of us, and we had to eat on the sofa. The salmon was rather under cooked. Were you trying to poison us?
K- Yes. And we ate on the couch because I'm living on minimum wage. I do my best to pay rent, so please excuse me for not having a dining table.
S- Well, bye mum. Bye dad *shuts door*

So, even though that was a 3 minute conversation, I think it pretty much sums up the night. It was actually worse while we were having dinner. So now Katie is in the kitchen doing the dishes and mumbling about the horrible things she wants to do to my parents. I offered to help, but she asked me to do this instead. So, here I am, rambling now I think.

Katie will probably blog tomorrow. Until then, please don't judge her blog on my work here tonight. That wouldn't be fair.

4 comments:

  1. Get one of those frozen bags of gourmet stuff, dump it in a pot and stir until melted! Another option is buying a nice pie and discarding any incriminating labels or stickers...This is what I do whenever I have to cook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done that, and I tried. But there aren't any with salmon. Like I said, they want salmon because they're rich and they hate me. Normal people would have been fine with pizza. Stupid rich people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a former, "relatively rich person" let me assure you, I would take pizza over some stinky-ass fish any day of the week! The problem seems to be they lack taste. Stupid taste-lackers. Toss them a net, some bait-chub along with a map pointing toward the ocean. If they didn't hate you before, that just might seal the deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should do that. The nearest ocean is about 3 hours drive from here. I could make them WALK!! MWA HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete