Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Random Beach Conversations

Being around my friends for a long period of time brings out my evil side. I get snarky, sarcastic and cynical. These conversations may not be the best examples of this phenomenon, but they have been my favourites so far.

Number 1
Friend 1: I need dating advice. Katie, you and Shakespeare are happy, right? How do I get a guy like that?
Me: Be awesome? That's how I did it.
Friend 1: No, I mean, where do I find one? Should I go to a club, a bar, a library? I'll try anything.
Me: Michelle, I haven't been single in 2 years. What makes you think I remember where to find guys. Have you tried the local gay bar? I hear there are men there.

Number 2 
Friend 2: I can't believe it's still raining. How am I supposed to get a tan in this weather?
Friend 1: I know. I was really enjoying the sun.
Me: We could always have cocktails. Drink enough of those and you'll totally forget about the weather.
Friend 3: I like that idea. Do we have alcohol?
Friend 2: Probably. But not cocktail stuff. Just wine.
Friend 4: And beer. Don't forget that.
Me: Okay, look. I'm going to protest the rain! Until this rain stops, I am going to watch kids movies. I will not sleep, watch Doctor Who or even leave this loungeroom until the rain stops! Are you with me?
Friend 2: But if you do that, who's going to walk to town and buy vodka?

Number 3:
Friend 4: Oh god. My boyfriend just texted me, telling me he wanted to break up *tears* How can he be so insensitive? Doesn't he know it's my time of the month?
Me: Yes, Charlie. He is psychically linked to your reproductive system.

Number 4:
*Jae has just shown up to see how we're going, and to give me a break from constant girliness*
Friend 2: Oh, that's so romantic!
Me: Get it right, Bree. When Shakespeare does it, it's romantic. When Jae does it, it's stalkery.

4 comments:

  1. You just had foot surgery and they want you to be the one to walk to the shop? >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have recovered enough to walk (I've almost made a full recovery! Yay!) and I'm fairly sure I'm the only one able to walk the 6k to the shops and back.

      Delete
  2. Sayco, why aren't we in the same state? Guh.
    *is envious of all the awesomeness going on*

    ReplyDelete