Friday, June 15, 2012

Blind Date

3 posts in a day? I’m spoiling you guys.

Anyway, my friend Jae is recently single (ladies Sarcastic smile) and he went on a date with some woman from his work tonight. He planned an afternoon for her that included me taking her shopping (why do people include me in their plans and then consult me AFTERWARDS?). He bribed me with $50, so I obviously said yes. After shopping, we were all going out to dinner (Jae and his date, Shakespeare and I).

It was, honestly, the worse date of my life. As any Aussies here should know, all the shops are having their mid year sales. I wanted to go into the game stores and books shops. She wanted to go into all the shoe shops and clothes shops (crazy woman), so, as you can imagine, their was a great deal of disagreement on this trip.

Anyway, somehow, we made it through to dinner. We got to the restaurant that Jae had made reservations at and, although they had ‘misplaced’ his reservation, we managed to get a table. Then we were forced to talk to each other for an hour and a half while we ate. Shakespeare was his usual charming self, Jae was trying to be, and I just kept my mouth shut.

So, after the dinner, when the woman (Julie, I think her name was) had gone home, I dragged Shakespeare and Jae back to my parents house (where I am currently staying) to tell them about the shopping trip. After I had told the story, Jae called Julie and broke up with her. Apparently his plan was to see if she was the perfect woman (which is, essentially, me). Turns out she isn’t. I comforted him by saying that one day, he would find his perfect weird match. He and Shakespeare are now spending the night here (and are currently planning the perfect woman). I’m watching Doctor Who, as always, and writing this and another post.
I’m writing another post for tonight (which may, in fact, be published tomorrow), so I’m going to leave this post for now. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment