Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Brother and Harry Potter.

Hiya all. I'm super excited because my 17 year old brother is coming to stay with me tomorrow morning until friday! I've already made the couch his bed, which has totally limited the amount of space I get to sit down, but it doesn't matter!

Why am I so very excited about seeing my brother? Well, even though I get to see my parents and him almost once a week, I never really get to spend quality time with him, since I really only go for dinner. The one time a year I stay for more than one night is Christmas, which is just so hectic, we still don't spend much time together.

But a few weeks ago, my parents decided that since I was getting more responsible (I've lived on my own for a whole year!) that I should be able to take care of my baby brother for a few days. Now is his first time seeing my house, so I have tons of stuff planned.

My brother is amazing. We never really fought when we were younger, so now he's like my best friend. He is sportier than me, but aside from that, we're almost identical (except that he's shorter than me, but that's not hard).

We used to happily do everything together. People mistook us for twins, and geez did we milk it. The cafe near our school had a 'twin special' (I know, it sounds like I'm kidding). It was 2 coffees, 2 slices of cake, and 2 ice creams (in summer). It was $8 for the normal people, but if you were twins (or looked like twins) it was $5. Just because the cafe was run by twin brothers.

After my brother leaves, I'm going to the Harry Potter Exhibition with one of my best friends (and ex-boyfriend) Jae. He is my absolute best friend in the worlds brother, but is also the only ex that I've kept the 'let's stay friends' promise to. Just because he's fantastic.

Anyway, we're driving up to Sydney (The exhibitions only Australian stop) and staying a few nights at some random hotel. I am surprised that Shakespeare isn't the least bit concerned, but he knows that I would get back together with Jae unless he was the last guy on the planet (I have already received his blessing in case of a zombie apocalypse). So, I'm super excited about the whole rest of the week, basically.

I should go get some sleep, seeing how it's 2 oclock in the morning now and my spelling and grammar are starting to suffer. Night all!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Ha! Good one about the coffee specials. 8-)

    Fun post! Hope you enjoyed your time with your brother.

    ReplyDelete