Sunday, November 6, 2011

YO!

I know I left you, and I'm sorry, but I was really busy over Halloween and before that and since then have lacked the motivation to write a post. I did try a few things, but I didn't like them, and I only got a few sentences in before I decided that they were crap. One was called "I want a child!" and the other was "Halloween". Sometimes I feel bad for the posts that never make it out of my brain, but then I remind myself that they aren't even inanimate objects (which I grow frighteningly attached to), but just thoughts. They have no shape or form. That makes me feel better.

Anyway, I knew that typing that meaty paragraph up there would remind me what I was going to talk about. So ignore the first thing and pretend the next sentence is the start of this post.

I started following my own blog because I felt sad that I had no followers. It made me think that nobody cared about my blog enough to want to be updated every time I make a post.

Then, about a month ago, I realised how bad an idea this was. At first, I remembered that I was the only follower, so I didn't get excited when I saw that little number on my Dash. But now, every time I log in, I get a random happy feeling because I think I have a follower, and that means at least one person loves my blog.

I refuse to get rid of my followship of my own blog, because I worry that people will think I'm boring and that no-one likes my blog, and leave before reading anything (the people in my head are superficial like that). But I'm also afraid that people will see that I'm the only one following my blog, and think I'm desperate for followers. Which I am, but only a little. 

Anyway, I think I'm going to write another post for you today to make up for my long period of absence, and also because I have other stuff to write about and I think it will make more sense if I separate the two posts. I'd hate new readers of my blog to get confused and probably slightly scared (even thought that is likely to happen anyway).

Really though, this post wasn't a desperate plead for followers, but if I don't get some soon, I might have to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment