Monday, November 26, 2012

SayCo's rant about money

I've been budgeting for the past hour, trying to figure out where all my money is supposed to come from. I think I've finally sorted everything out, so I think I finally deserve my rant.

Why do all my appliances choose to play up around Christmas?

Dishwasher? "Hehe. A dinner party, eh? Well, just try to clean up afterwards! *Explode*"
Car? "Oh, you need to drive around and visit relatives this time of year? Well, here's a list of 30 things direly wrong with me that were undetectable during my last service 3 months ago!"
DVD player? "Planning on getting a heap of new dvds for Christmas? Good luck watching them!"
Air Conditioner? "I bet it's going to be really hot this summer. SUCKER!"
Microwave? "Think you'll be needing me because you won't have time to cook? Well, I've forgotten how to tell you that your food's done and turn off!"

They're out to get me. I just know it.

So, the company I work for is closing for the month of December. It's understandable. The boss thinks he's being nice, letting us have Christmas month off with pay! Sadly, this means I'm getting about 3/4 of my usual pay, which in turn means that I have to get another job. What profession has jobs available over christmas, exclusively? RETAIL. I thought I'd escaped retail when I got a job as a waitress. It was even better when I got a job as a receptionist! Now I have to return to the demon profession. I've contemplated volunteering at a salvation army store, which I know sounds crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's the only job I'm qualified for these days.

Bills are evil. I have a bill to pay every week in November and December. That hasn't happened any other month this year. What the hell? Between bills, minified pay and buying food, I end up with about $100 spending money a fortnight, which, now that I put it that way, sounds like a lot more money than I thought. It's really not, I swear. Luckily I've been saving for Christmas presents all year.

One last thing in my rant. I'm so sick of meeting up with people I don't see all year just because it's Christmas. It's okay with certain friends (one who's always travelling, one who's still living with her overly controlling parents) but I have issues with being contacted by people who've ignored me all year.

Anyway, that's my rant. TL;DR: I hate not having money.

No comments:

Post a Comment