Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Do I have to have a post title?

Hiya everyone!

I had a bitch of a day today.

It all started when I had a client come into my workplace with her 7 year old daughter. The client went off to her consultation and asked if I, the receptionist, could watch her daughter while she was busy. I tried to say no, but I was pushed into it by my boss.

The kid was wearing a short tank top and tiny little denim shorts. She was okay to start with, and just played on her iPhone (I don't even have an iPhone. How does a 7 year old get one?). But then she started to get bored, and came over to my computer while I was getting a cup of coffee. When I got back, all my windows had been closed and she was watching a video on youtube at full volume.

So, I told her off and restarted all my work. I managed to get a little quiet before she suddenly started tell our clients how rubbish the place was as they walked in the door. I had some people walk straight back out, and some come and complain to me.

I'd had enough at this point, so I looked her in the eye and said "where did you find that outfit? Did you take it from your barbies?" Then I marched her up to the conference room where her mother was and told her that I couldn't handle it anymore. I told her everything that had happened and she took her daughters phone away and made her sit quietly while she finished her consultation.

So now I'm sitting at home drinking a mojito and watching Doctor Who, finally glad to have a chance for peace (did I mention that was happening for the entire time I was at work?)

No comments:

Post a Comment