Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Triathlons

I must admit, I'm sportier than I told you. I'm not saying that I'm not uncoordinated, but I do triathlons. A few years ago, in my last year of high school, I needed an athletic outlet. I love cycling and swimming, so I jumped on google and found a local triathlete's club.

I realise that saying I do triathlons makes me sound exceptionally athletic. I am not. I am a strong swimmer, and a fast cyclist. I'm not that fast a runner, but because of the other 2, I can afford not to be.

I signed up for a race this weekend, but considering the heat, they moved the whole race indoors. This is what the track looks like:
That is two tracks with a 100m pool in the middle. I thought that they were going to have the cycling and running on the same track (The picture they sent in the email was very vague.) Like I said, I'm quite a fast cyclist, so I was worried that I would finish the bike leg and get run over by some of the slower cyclists while I was running.

This is a community event, for charity, I think, so there will be lots of people who are doing it to raise money and prove that they can do it. I commend their efforts, but I do sometimes wish that they had separate races for amateurs. Last time I ran in a race like this, we had someone drown in the pool. Of course, being the good person that I am (and because we were sharing a lane) I dragged her out of the pool to the officials before continuing on my race. I got a medal after the race, for saving her life or something.

I just wanted to tell you the truth about me. I've been lying all along. I am sporty. I'm sorry. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment