Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm dying.

I've been trying to write a new post for a while, but I've had writers block. So now I'm sick, and I can finally think. So I'm writing now and maybe something will come to me.

I think I have the flu. I can't be sure, because I've seen a couple of different doctors, and they're saying different things. Anyway, the point is, I've been home since Thursday with dying. This is what I look like:
It's not an good picture, but it shows my pants, and that's the important part. Those are my sick pants, because they have owls on them and that makes me smile. They're also really warm. That is a rubber ducky dressing gown. Shakespeare bought it for me for my birthday. When he gave it to me, guess what I said. 'Thats a ducking good bathrobe' and Shakespeare just chuckled because it was my birthday and he had to laugh at my bad joke.

So, Shakespeare has been looking after me, but he had work today, so I'm lonely and I need social interaction. So I'm going to go out and buy a game (preferably AC: Brotherhood). I could buy it online, but I need to talk to someone, and the store clerk has to. I'm not contagious any more, don't worry. Maybe I'll buy some hot chocolate and ice cream.

I'm okay with being sick though, because it means that I get to watch hours and hours of doctor who until Shakespeare gets home. Then I'm going for a walk. Maybe I'll take some pictures.


Update: Okay, so Shakespeare came over in his lunch break. I was sitting on the couch watching The Eleventh Hour (Doctor Who). He walked in and told me I needed to go to bed, because the lounge was really cold. I didn't want to, because my episode had just started. So he turned off the TV, grabbed me by the arms and dragged my to my room.

I complained bitterly that I wouldn't be able to watch anymore Doctor Who, because there's no TV in my room. So he promised that he would stop by his house after work and get his baby flat screen and bring it over. But I have to wait 2 more hours. Do you not how many episodes that is?

I don't think Shakespeare's going to let me go for a walk when he gets back, or let me go out shopping. So I'm going to send him out to get it for me, because he'll know if I leave my room. I don't know how, but he will.

Another Update: Okay, so Shakespeare got back from work at 4:30, and I was crying because we were out of cold/flu medication. So he took me to the shopping 'plaza'* and said he would go by me my game while I went to the Chemist and supermarket.

When I got to the chemist, I looked around for ages and ages until I figured out that they were out of the only stuff that's been helping. This realisation caused me to break down into tears. The nice lady who worked there brought me into the back room and gave me some water. Then, when I told her why I was crying, she looked around out the stock room and found a few more boxes of the medication. I felt really silly, and I told her so. She said that it happened a lot more that you'd think, because people aren't equipped to handle disappointment when they're sick. When she put it through the register, she used her employee discount. I hugged her before I left.

Then I went to the supermarket and suddenly felt really bad for 'making' Shakespeare do all this stuff for me. It's not like we live together, so he could have just avoided me or done minimal work for me. But he's been helping me with everything. So I bought him a box of fancy chocolates that he is not to share with me under any circumstances. I also bought microwave popcorn, some ice cream and peppermint chocolate.

I went and waited by the car. Shakespeare came back eventually and looked all successful, and now I have Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, which I am just dying to play. Once he came back, we talked about what to have for dinner, and decided to go to the Chinese restaurant on the corner.

Now we're back at my house, sitting in my bed wrapped in blankets and watching Sherlock (which is the most amazing series of all time). Shakespeare says we're going to watch until we fall asleep. I asked what we'd do if we ran out of episodes. His answer? We'll just have to move on to Doctor Who, won't we?

This is why I love him.


*It's a plaza because it's like a shopping centre, but it's out side, and the shops are around the outside of the carpark. I don't know any better way to explain it. You've probably got one near you.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm trying my hardest, believe me.

      Delete
    2. Awwwwwww. Shakespeare gets all kinds of bf points right now. Somehow I forgot about your blog *is unacceptable*. I plan to come in ALOT more often. Get better soon :)

      Delete